Thursday 5 December 2013

Target audience for my music magazine

What genre of music magazine are you going to be constructing?


My magazine is specifically going to focus on indie rock or alternative rock music. I will choose other genre similar to this because from my survey people choose other genres of music such as pop and indie pop. However my magazine is based around indie rock music, this is because i know who target audience is and i know who is likely to  who will purchase my magazine

Will it be for a mainstream or niche audience?


My music magazine is going to be aimed at a small group of young people. My magazine is aimed at a niche audience, not a lot of people are interested in alternative rock music therefore only specific audience will purchase my magazine, i target audience can relate to the music therefore are more likely to purchase it. Although my magazine is not targeted at a mainstream audience i believe my magazine can generate  a lot of sales because there isn't as much magazines out there aimed at a niche audience, this means they are likely to buy mine

Is it similar to any existing products or is it going to be different?                           

My music magazine is going to be similar to magazines such as Nme, Q and Mojo in the type of artist they feature and the genre of music, but my magazine is going unique, different and original and i am going to feature some artist from other genres of music that are similar to indie rock music  because i think this can attract a range of audiences. My magazine is going to include music news, tips on how to make it in the music industry, gigs from upcoming artist, festivals and exclusive interviews from upcoming new talent and old bands

Who will the core reader of your magazine be? What artists do they like? How do they dress? Where do they shop? What products do they own or aspire to own? How do they spend their time? 


My magazine 'core' readers are going to be young people around 16-25 year olds who love indie/alternative rock music, but i dont want my magazine to only attact that specific audience, my magazine hopefully will ttract 25+ or people who dont neccesarily listen to he genre i will be covering, i am hoping to cover other genre to attract otehr audiece. i wan tmy audince to be as diverse as possible. My magazine will feature artist such as Arctic Monkeys, The Smiths, Florence and the machine, Arcade Fire, Kasabian, Tom Odell, Miles Kane which are all Indie/Alternative rock artist but my magazine will also feature artist such as Beyonce who is known to all genre 

The artist that will be featured in my magazine will wear the latest fashions. The artist clothes will be bought from high street shops such as new look, Topshop, american apparel, urban outfitters, Zara an river Island, this is so that my target audience can relate to the fashion and will be able to go to the stores and buy a similar outfit that is affordable for them. The artist will be wearing shoes such as Dr martens, Nike gazzeles, vans old skool, converse, nike air max (for the men) or Jeffrey Campbell cut out boots, river island chunky boots, Windsor smith chunky sandals, Dr martens or Vans(for the women) if a women is featured in my magazine she wont be wearing heels because this does not go with the genre of my magazine.

Who will be your primary and secondary audience?


My primary audience are going to be students and young working class adults. My target audience are going to be working class or students meaning they won't have high income and the students may not have jobs. This means my magazine price has to be reasonable in order to attract audience and in order to make profit.

The secondary audience of my magazine will be older people who love music such as teachers, parents, cleaners, friends, colleague; anybody who is up to the age of around 30 years old will read this magazine.



What will the age range be?


The age range will be vary from 16-25 year olds, but teenagers from 14-15 may be interested in the magazine  and may like to purchase it. Adults age 26+ who enjoy music might also purchase this magazine

What will be the gender mix?


My magazine will be both male and females, I believe my magazine will appeal to both genders as both male and females listen to indie/alternative rock music. The colour scheme for my magazine will be white and red which is the colour based around my genre anyway therefore isn't aimed at any gender, my magazine will feature artists and bands that attract male and female audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment